I assume you came to this page looking for outfit ideas, or clothes for 50 year old woman. If I am correct, then you’re in the right place.
Even if nobody likes to admit it, your dress gradually becomes more conservative as you age. Quinquagenarians don’t usually go around wearing crop tops for a number of reasons.
However, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t wear cute and trendy clothes because you’re 50. There are several outfit ideas for older ladies that will show your exquisiteness without making you come across as weird.
Here are some of the best trendy outfit ideas for women around the age of 50 for the best drip.
Trendy Clothes for 50 Year Old Woman
1. Inner Vest + Blazer + High Waist Pants with Heels + Sunglasses
Having your kids outdo you in a family gathering is a no-no. Wearing a blazer over an inner vest, paired with the most comfortable heels available is an excellent outfit idea. The sunglasses only makes things better!
2. Plain Shirt + Pants with Leather Jacket + Heels + Sunglasses
A plain shirt is probably all you need to show up at gatherings once you turn 50. Well, it seems this outfit idea is more complicated than just a plain shirt, and the picture speaks for itself.
3. Pink Blazer + Inner Vest + Mums Jeans + Sneakers + Sunglasses
This outfit inspiration perfectly embodies the idea of a fashionable mum, looking comfortably chic. It works for formal environments as well as casual events and gatherings.
4. White Shirt with Blazer + Blue Jeans + Heels + Clutch Purse + Sunglasses
At 50, you’re still about a decade away from retirement, making it normal to recommend some work outfits. Of the outfit ideas here, I doubt if any looks as stylish as this without being unprofessional.
5. Satin Inner Shirt + Vintage Suit and Pants with Heels
Who said monochromatic outfits don’t look good on older women? Here is proof that you should probably try out something similar, with the shoe color as the only outlier.
6. Corduroy Blazer with Button-down Shirt + Loosely-fitted Pans + Shoe
Older ladies just seem to have this affinity for blazers, or maybe it’s the other way around. In any case, here is another dashing outfit inspiration to attempt copying as you grow out of your crop tops.
7. Matching Colour Satin Dress with Trench Coat + Belt + Boots
Trench coats are a more protective alternative to blazers, but they’re also fashionable. The matching blue color is soothing and helps relieve tension, making this an outfit to reckon with.
8. Track Suit Set + Leather Jacket with Black Boots
Wearing a leather jacket over a tracksuit should do enough to protect you from the winter cold. While this won’t win any fashion events, it isn’t a bad outfit choice, especially for older ladies.
9. Balloon-Neck Shirt + Loosely Fitted Pants with Heel + Handbag
For some reason, this outfit looks a lot more elegant than everything we’ve seen at this point. If you’re fashion-centric, you should naturally gravitate towards copying this.
10. Vintage Blazer + Loosely-fitted Ugg Pants with Heels + Handbag + Sunglasses
You can never have enough blazers once you turn 50. This outfit may have lots of components, but you’ll generally thank yourself for recreating it, if you gave the time to do so.
11. Long Down Shirt Jacket + Belt + Leggings with Animal Print Shoes + Face Cap + Handbag + Sunglasses
This outfit finds a balance between exquisiteness and the natural dress code of the average 50-year-old lady. Personally, my favorite part of this outfit is the cap, and maybe the sunglasses.
12. Fur Long Sleeve Shirt + Black Jeans + Boots + Hat
If you’re feeling young, you may want to take a blast into the past by wearing a simple shirt with skinny jeans which is not a bad idea, as you can see in this outfit idea.
13. Plain V-Neck Shirt with Blazer + Ugg Pants + Sneakers + Handbag + Sunglasses
This outfit looks simple and professional without being unnecessarily hard to replicate. Assuming all 50-year-olds have blazers, you only need to shop for a few cheap items to look this elegant.
14. Winter Sweat Set with Sneakers + Muffle + Sunglasses
Dressing in the winter shouldn’t be difficult, especially when you’re a busy quinquagenarian. As long as you match the colors correctly, you should be able to attain a similar level of drip.
15. Leopard Print Dress with Leaher Jacket + Boots
One of the things that come naturally as you age is wearing dresses that go all the way down to your ankle. You can copy this outfit inspiration and make it animal skin for extra flair before covering it with a blazer.
16. Long Sleeve Top + Lace Skirt + Blazer + Heels + Clutch Purse + Sunglasses
Apart from a blazer, a lace skirt is another trendy apparel among 50-year-olds. Surprisingly, the skirt looks so chic that I’m afraid young ladies will start copying this style
17. Mini Floral Dress + Oversized Blazer + Heels
This outfit breaks the unwritten rules and makes you look exceptionally elegant. If you’re looking to try the dating thing again, this outfit should be one of your go-to’s.
18. Long Sleeve Shirt + Belt + White Crop Pants with Converse Shoes + Sunglasses
If shopping is one of your hobbies, here is an outfit idea that might appeal to you. Everything about the attire screams elegant, but the reason isn’t clear. Just consider recreating it as precisely as you can.
19. Plain Shirt + Leopard Print Oversized Blazer with Leggings + Heel + Handbag + Sunglasses
Notice the match between the colors of the bag and the plain shirt? That’s the charm of this outfit. Now, go recreate it and you’re ready to go out anywhere you want, formal or casual.
20. Turtle Neck Shirt + Balloon Skirt + Wedge + Handbag + Singlasses
This outfit is the most appropriate in the winter, but it also displays your fashion-centricity. When recreating this outfit, try to use the fashionable purple sunglasses too, it looks sick.
21. Floral Midi Dress with Blazer + Heels + Handbag + Sunglasses
A multi-colored floral midi dress is one of the best outfits for cocktail parties when you’re an older lady. Throw a blazer and a handbag into the mix to look as elegant as she does.
22. Top Tweed with Blazer + Ripped Jeans + Heels + Handbag + Sunglasses
Ripped jeans don’t sound like a quinquagenarian thing, but who makes the rules? If you think this outfit will serve you well, you should go for it, reproducing the colors precisely.
23. Hoodie + Winter Jacket with Blue Jeans + Sneakers + Shoulder Bag
Dressing in the winter without looking unfashionable can be pretty difficult, especially as a 50-year-old. With this outfit inspiration, you’ll debate that idea, thanks to how elegant it looks.
24. Long Shirt + Knee-Length Blazer + Black Pants + Handbag + Hat + Sunglasses
When dressing for the winter cold, you should be a bit conservative just as in the idea below. Matching the colors of your long shirt and handbag might be why this outfit looks great, or maybe not.
25. Plain Tee + Knee-High Leather Jacket with Flannel Pants + Boots + Handbag + Sunglasses
If the last thing you want is to be outdone in fashion by the younger generation, here is an outfit inspiration for you. Unless you know what you’re doing, consider recreating the colors precisely to avoid looking weird at the family gathering.
And that’s all for my post on trendy clothes for 50 year old woman. Want some more outfit ideas? Then you might want to check out these blog posts.
- 25 Classy Winter Outfits for Women over 40
- 25 Fashionable Work Outfits for Women Over 40
- 25 Classy Casual Outfits for Women Over 40
- 25 Cute Summer Outfits for Women Over 40
- What to Wear Over a Dress in Winter
I hope you enjoyed this piece of content. Do well to rate this post, and don’t forget to share this outfit compilation with your friends.
See you with more exciting inspirations. Trust me; you wouldn’t want to miss any of our upcoming outfits compilation, so make sure to follow us on Pinterest.
Pin for Later.