Looking for the best fashionable ways to style a trench coat? Then this post got you covered with the best.
Developed for the British Army Officers before the First World War, the trench coat is an evolutionary fashion inspiration that is still much in play in the present world.
You can style a trench coat to suit any occasion. You only need to know the right way to do it. Better don’t stress yourself looking for the right way to style your trench coat.
In this post, I have carefully compiled 25 unique trench coat outfit ideas for almost every occasion.
I know you’ll love them.
But right before that, here are some key tips I prepared for you.
The Best Comfy Shoes to Style Up Your Trench Coat
Your trench coat can look fantastic while styled with either of the following:
- Knee High Boots
- Ankle Boots
- Classic Loafers
- Chunky Sneakers
- Sport Boots
- Pumps Heels.
The choice of your shoes is dependent on the overall outlook you want to achieve with your trench coat. For example, you have to style it with a classic loafer, pumps, heels, or ankle boots for a formal look. Flatforms can blend well for a casual look, while you can wear knee-high boots for a street fashion outlook.
The Best Time to Wear a Trench Coat and Why
Because trench coat is made from waterproof heavy-duty fabrics, it’s mainly worn during windy and cold seasons to provide warmth and protection to the body. I believe the trench coat should be one of the must-have garments in every lady’s wardrobe.
What Can You Wear with a Trench Coat
The trench coat is classic wear that goes with a plain t-shirt to a chunky sweater underneath. You can wear it over a suit, whether body tight or free, with a pair of Jeans, leggings, Jeggings or nice pants.
The Beige color trench coat can go with practically everything.
How to Match a Trench Coat
You can wear a trench coat over a suit or long sleeve shirt underneath with suit Pants and nice loafers or pump heels for a formal look.
From another angle, You can wear a t-shirt underneath with jeans pants, and sneakers or trainers to suit for a casual look.
For a street crazy look, you can wear the trench coat with a feminine top underneath with bum shorts and a knee boot.
For a rock star look, try an all-black or navy trench coat.
Other Helpful Tips to Style up a Trench Coat
- To look beautiful in a trench coat, you have to avoid too loose or tight trench coat. A trench coat is not supposed to look tight on you; it should be dapped over you to give you a fitting.
- A beige color trench coat is recommended for elegant queens.
- Avoid styling up a trench coat with colorful wear underneath. A trench coat goes best with neutral colors.
25 Effortless Ways to Style a Trench Coat
1. Trench Coat + Hoodie + Leggings + Black Combat Boots + Glasses
2. Trench Coat + Mini Body Tight Gown Dress + Thigh High Leather Boots + Sunglasses + Handbag
3. Trench Coat + A Jacket + White Shirt + Mini Black Skirt + Knee High Boots
4. Trench Coat + Shirt + Jeans Pants + Trainers
5. Trench Coat + Sweatshirt + Mini Skirt + Thigh High Boots + Chic Bag
6. Beige Trench Coat + Black Top + Leather Pants + White Sneakers + Chic Bag
7. Black Trench Coat + Black Sweatshirt + Mums Jeans + Black Boots+ Sunglasses
8. Biege Trench Coat + Jumper Dress + Knee High Boots
9. Trench Coat + Turtle Neck Sweat Shirt + Jeans Pants + Boots + Hijab + Sunglasses
10. Trench Coat + Balloon Gown + Pump Heels + English Hat
11. Red Trench Coat + Hoodie + Leather Crop Pants + Nike Sneakers
12. Leather Trench Coat + White Crop Top + Leather Pants + Nike Sneakers + Face Cap
13. Trench Coat + Turtle Neck Shirt + White Shirt + Light Blue Jeans + Trainers + Sunglasses + Black Bag
14. Biege Trench Coat + Shirt + Sweater + Jean Pants + Boots + Bucket Hat + Handbag + Sunglasses
15. Trench Coat + Crop Top + Leather Pants + Face Cap + Handbag
16. Biege Trench Coat + Black Flared Pants + Black Shoe + Black Handbag
17. Sleeveless Trench Coat + White Long Sleeve Turtle Neck Shirt + Ripped Light Blues Jeans + Heels
18. Trench Coat + Jumper Dress + Knee High Boots
19. Trench Coat + Slipped Hem Detail Ribbed longline Top + Boot Cut Pants + Shoes + Sunglasses + Chic Bag
20. White Trench Coat + Leather Pants + Black Boots + Chunky Scarf + Handbag
21. Baggy Trench Coat + White Shirt + High Waisted Baggy Pants + Converse Shoes + Handbag
22. Biege Trench Coat + Black Long Sleeve Mini Dress + Combat Boots + Chic Handbag
23. Trench Coat with Belt + Knee High Boots + Hijab+ Shades + Chic Bag
24. Trench Coat + Collar Shirt + Sweatshirt + Black Pants + + Red Cap + Handbag + Shoes
25. Trench Coat + White Tee + Black Leggings + White Sneakers + Body Cross Bag + Sunnies
And that’s all for my post on how to style a trench coat. Want some more outfit ideas? Then you might want to check out these blog posts.
- How to Style Gray Sweatpants
- How to Style Leggings in Winter
- How to Style a Cami Top
- How to Style an Oversized Hoodie
- How to Style a Denim Dress
I hope you enjoyed this piece of content. Do well to rate this post, and don’t forget to share this outfit compilation with your friends.
See you with more exciting inspirations. Trust me; you wouldn’t want to miss any of our upcoming outfits compilation, so make sure to follow us on Pinterest.
Pin for Later.